• Most casinos
have a limit bet size for players entering mid-shoe. This is because card
counters will watch a shoe in progress and only sit down to play when the
count is in their favor.
• Seating doesn’t matter (except for card
• Other players’ results do not affect your
• The object of Blackjack is to beat the dealer.
Many neophytes make the mistake of thinking that the game is to get as
close to 21 as possible.
• Don’t play by the dealer’s rules — you
bust you lose.
• Don’t always assume the next card is a ten
— only 31% of the cards have a value of ten.
• The true house advantage in Blackjack is the
fact that a player always loses when he busts, even if the dealer busts.
• All tables have a card stating minimum and
maximum bets for the table. During busy times, minimum bets will be higher.
During slow times minimum bets may be lower or even changed during the
game to encourage more players to sit down.
• Blackjack is one of the few casino games
where rules vary from casino to casino, or even from table to table in the
same casino. Know the rules and proper strategy before you play.